COVID-19 and FMAR
FMAR is CLOSED to the public and CLOSED for adoptions during the Michigan wide Shelter-In-Place order.
We are all concerned about the Corona Virus and doing the best we can to contain it in our homes, schools, and businesses. We are constantly sanitizing, cutting hours and limiting what we do inside our businesses.
It is no different for FMAR. We are asking everyone to call 734-461-9458 before you make a trip out to our facility for ANY reason.
We are currently closed for adoptions, however, we are still the holding facility for Sumpter Township so we will be doing our best to reunite lost pets at our facility with their families. To make this process safer we ask that you please CALL 734-461-9458 for an appointment BEFORE coming out to claim your pet . Without an appointment or you may be asked to come back at a later date.
We apologize for the inconvenience and changes that we all need to make to keep the virus at bay. We know you are all making sacrifices during this difficult time , but if we all work together we will get thru this and hopefully come out of this medical emergency stronger and with more knowledge on the importance of good preventative measures.
We wish each of you the lowest stress possible and a closer bond with family and friends during this pandemic.
Blessings to all of you and your pets.
Marcy and Pete & FMAR
Thank you for your interest in Friends of Michigan Animals Rescue’s (FMAR) animals. Our adoptable cats and dogs are spayed, neutered, microchipped, up to date on all vaccinations and ready to move into their forever homes.
FMAR’s Goal Is To Match The Right Pet To The Right Family. We will make every effort to create a successful adoption where it is safe and healthy for both the animal and the family wishing to adopt.
It is at the discretion of FMAR to approve/deny adoptions.
Top 10 (but not all inclusive) reasons FMAR may determine an adoption is not in the best interest of the pet or family is as follows:
- Dog or Cat is going to be an outside pet.
- The family will not be home enough or is not able to give the needed attention/training to the selected pet.
- The cat/dog is afraid of a family member.
- A family member is afraid of the cat/dog.
- Cat is going to be de-clawed on all 4 paws.
- An animal’s tail or ears are going to be docked.
- The family does not believe in or will not be able to give the animal follow up veterinary care.
- The entire family has not visited with the pet.
- Other dogs in the family do not come to visit the possible new family dog.
- Pets are not permitted or there are restrictions of size and breed in your apartment, townhouse, condo, or mobile home park.
Animals can go home with their new families on the day of the adoption unless other arrangements are made in advance.
A deposit is required for any pet that stays at FMAR after the adoption unless the animal is staying for a medical reason.
A boarding fee of $15 a day will be charged if the animal stays longer than agreed on by both parties.
Adoption fees are expected in full before any pet is taken home.